Windows Drive Letter Issues with USB Drive. USB drive not shown in My Computer

One of the very common problems faced by users is that if you use more than one usb drive, then chances are one of them might not be listed when you open MY Computer. To solve this issue, Right click My Computer, Select Manage, and Under Storage, Select Disk Management. Now from here you can change the Drive Letter and assign a new one or just go to Address bar of Windows explorer and type in the drive letter shown next to the USB Drive which is not listed in My Computer. In my case, I had F: drive assigned for USB and then I attached external hard drive which took the F: drive letter making my USB drive not listed in My computer. I did steps mentioned above and found that infact its using G: as drive letter. Type G: in windows explorer and I could view the files on my USB drive.

I hope it helps someone.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Making text bold in Adobe Acrobat

Java Keytool Export Private Key, PKCS#12 or .p12 export or conversion from java keystore