If you want to make a text bold in Adobe Acrobat, you will have to
1. first select Advanced Editing Toolbar.
2. In advanced edit toolbar, select TouchUp Text tool.
3. Then select the text you want to make bold, right click, and select properties.
4. Under Text tab, you will find Font option.
5. Select Font option and you will see Bold option for the font that is being used. For example, if selected text is font type Verdana, then under Fonts option, you should see a Verdana Bold option. If you do not see respective Bold Font, then you would have to pick a font that supports Bold Option.
I know, its unlike Word but atleast we know the way now how to do make text bold in Adobe Acrobat.